It has almost been three years since the first time we set foot on Thailand in October 2018. Back then it was a barren land, but now it has turned into a facility site involving 5 production lines (hoses, sanitary ware, ventilation system, auto appliances and water filtration). And our team has grown from 5 to nearly 300 in three years. All of this has helped us explore an effective way to expand overseas bases for the Group’s global layout.
Roadmap of Runner Thailand
● October 2018 – Site selection
● May 2019 – Company registration
● September 2019 – Equipment & tool rental
● October 2019 – Foundation stone laying ceremony of Phase I; Start of construction of Phase I
● November 2019 – Shipment of the first container
● July 2020 – Arrival of 19 injection machines
● August 2020 – Workshop I and II passing the building inspection; Going into operation and delivery
● December 2020 – Auto spare parts plating line going into operation
● April 2021 – Ventilation system line going into operation; Electrophoresis + painting line going into operation
● May 2021 – Completion of the first filter cartridge assembly in Thailand
● June 2021 – Arrival of another 20 injection machines for workshop IX; Completion of workshop for industrial water filtration
But COVID-19 brings lots of uncertainty for our business at all levels. With the pandemic spreading all around the world and the number of confirmed cases keep rising, our production and operation in overseas bases are facing extreme challenges, but we’re committed to ensuring our local business not only survive but also thrive as we work together on both epidemic prevention and business operation in order to make sure the facility building, manufacturing and delivery are all proceeding in an orderly manner through this turbulent time.
We continue following pandemic prevention steps right from the very beginning, such as paying close attention to COVID-19 status update, distributing materials like masks, disinfectants and disposable gloves, testing body temperature, keeping social distance. Facing the difficulty in prevention material procurement locally, we managed to get masks, forehead thermometers, protective clothings and other materials from China to solve the urgent needs.
COVID-19 seems to have teared us apart, yet our employees in Thailand still stick to their position. They are far away from home just to live their dreams and contribute to Runner’s overseas business.
Taking body temperature every time before allowing to enter the workplace
The prevention training helps broaden the understanding of COVID-19
Get fully-vaccinated against the coronavirus
Training on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19